Our Preschool Enrichment program is a signature program of Hands On Learning Centre. We’re in our third year of the program and have been getting very positive reviews from our students and their families. In Preschool Enrichment, we integrate all areas of the curriculum with clear educational learning objectives and outcomes. We focus on hands on experiences inside and outside the classroom and offer enrichment through academics, music, art, fitness and sports. Our weekly field trips allow the students ultimate hands on learning experiences and tie back the month’s learning objectives. In addition to our daily programming, the enrichment program includes a variety of 10-week programs, taught by trained instructors, including swimming, skating, soccer, science, music and more.
A typical day or week looks includes:
- Monday: Music Class
- Tuesday: Skating
- Thursday: Soccer Tots
A typical Afternoon Schedule looks like this:
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm – Fine Motor Skills
- 1:00 – 1:30 pm – Circle Time
- 1:30 – 2:15 pm – Quiet Time Activities
- 2:15 – 2:30 pm – Bathroom Routine
- 2:30 – 3:00 pm – Snack
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Art/Sensory Play/Science
- 4:00 – 4:30 – Music & Movement (Gym)
- 4:30 – 6:00 pm – Group Free Play/Departures
Our teacher ratio is one teacher for every ten students.